Check Website
Inclusion Status
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Dev] Site Online
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:27 pm 
Loaded up my check list with a bunch of sites gathered up from vURL and SO just sits there.....checked a few sites but that was it....frozen or so it seems. Is there a limit to the number of urls it can check?

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

There's no limit, no ....... I had it checking around 1500 whilst testing updates this morning.

Was this using ICMP mode, or one of the alternatives?

If possible, can you also e-mail or PM the file you were using that contained the list of URL's? (will be easier to replicate the problem).

it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:36 pm 
Well, this is odd...I had tried running this just last nite beore hitting the sack and opened and closed it several times, nothing. Just now tried it and it's running ok. Go figure Rolling Eyes <shoulder shrug>

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

Rofl, gremlins at work?

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:07 pm 
Well, it got thru about 4\5 of the list and is now just taking a breather. I have it minimized but it won't even come back up.

Trying things on my primary box, see if that helps any.

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

The program generally becomes slightly unresponsive when checking the site's, coming back again occasionally until it's finished processing. I tried compensating for this, but so far it's hit and miss.

I'm planning a new modification to try and resolve this, and should hopefully (if I don't get distracted by phone calls again), have it finished by tonight Smile

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:33 pm 
Question about the byte size displayed in SO, is this the sites size of code, or the display size of the site?

Reason I ask is the splogs Chuck and I are tracking seem to have consistent sizes and if you could let us know what that number actually is, we can find them that much easier in SO.

And there are at least 4-5 different splogs too, which is not surprising at all.

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:07 pm 
Request for option in right-click menu in SO: 'Check url with vURL' or, in leiu of that, a right-click 'Copy url' option.

And visa-versa, right-click option in vURL to 'check online status with SO'? Geezz.....wtf do I expect fer nuttin eh? LOL Mr. Green

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

The size displayed, is the size of the page itself ....... (the page is downloaded to temp.txt, then has a FileLen() done on it)

TeMerc wrote:
Request for option in right-click menu in SO: 'Check url with vURL' or, in leiu of that, a right-click 'Copy url' option.

And visa-versa, right-click option in vURL to 'check online status with SO'? Geezz.....wtf do I expect fer nuttin eh? LOL Mr. Green

Consider it done Smile

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:30 pm 
MysteryFCM wrote:
The size displayed, is the size of the page itself ....... (the page is downloaded to temp.txt, then has a FileLen() done on it)
Consider it done Smile
D00D!!... did I ever tell you.......YOU ROCK! If you actually had some cool emotes I'd use 'em, so you'll have to use your imagination in the interim. Mr. Green

IP:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next