Check Website
Inclusion Status
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi From Spudz
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:25 pm 

Some of you will know me from other forums but for those that do't know me, here is some brief details:

I am 49, hell that came up quick :( I live with Jennifer who is disabled so gave up work to be a full-time carer. Needless to say, this gives me plently of time to use forums and post news or help people too :)

I have been playing with computers since the early days of 83 but needless to say I am not a programmer etc as I just never got round to learning that side :( We live and learn.

I help to moderate other forums namely CA and TeMerc. I offer general help on products at CA and post news etc, at TeMerc.

I also have recently started my own forums to help people decide what security best suits them based on reviews from magazines plus people who have used the software. Should you wish to check it out, it's here: http://compvendorsecurity.phpbb3now.com

Well that's it from me. My brief intro. :)

IP:

Post subject: Re: Hi From Spudz
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to hpHosts :)

it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:27 am 

Welcome to yet another forum that I hang out on Spudz.

Noticed you said you've been pounding keys since '83... This is a very good sign.

My first was a Timex/Sinclair 1000 (Known outside the US as a ZX/81). What was yours?

Zap :)

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:59 am 

Indeed, everywhere I go I see either you, MysterFCM or TeMerc plus other names. Guess you all are on eachothers forums ;)

Nope, my first was a Dragon 32 followed by an Amstrad CPC 464 then an Amiga 500. Those were the days :) I must admit that out of them all, including today, the amstrad OS was the most stable for me.

My first board was run on an Amiga using ANSI text, calleed Mr. Mercury BBS. The mail was dealt with Fidonet and Mercury mail. It seems like eons ago ;) I still have the bbs setup on the Amiga from when I closed it down and went PC. This machines is all boxed up now and kept for memories.

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:41 pm 

Spudz wrote:
My first board was run on an Amiga using ANSI text, calleed Mr. Mercury BBS. The mail was dealt with Fidonet and Mercury mail. It seems like eons ago ;) I still have the bbs setup on the Amiga from when I closed it down and went PC. This machines is all boxed up now and kept for memories.

Revive it on port 23 (Telnet) dude!

Zap :)

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:47 pm 

haha that would be so funny as the last news etc it had dated back to around 94 ish. The other issue is that the Amiga has been off for so long that when I last switched it on (early last year just for the hell of it) it crashed a few times so guess its lack of use didn't do it much good. As for reviving it LOL, there isn't enough hours in the day to cover what I do now, let along revive that. ;)

I see that the old Amiga user forums are still active after all this time.

IP:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]