Check Website
Inclusion Status
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: March 2008: Win a Firetrust licence!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:29 am 
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay folks! .... this month is an even more special competition as there's 2 licences up for grabs, which means we'll have two winners!

The Prize

Attachment:
firetrust-logo-small.gif
firetrust-logo-small.gif [ 5.43 KiB | Viewed 7197 times ]

This month I've managed to secure 2 licences for ANY program of your choice from the Firetrust product line, which includes;

• SiteHound
  • Mail Washer Pro
  • Benign
  • Encrypt

Details on their products can be found at;

http://firetrust.com

A special thank you to Chris Gleason (Firetrust) for donating these licences!.

So what do you need to do?

Because there is still 31,696 website's in hpHosts that are still awaiting classification, I've decided that this months competition will focus on that. Therefore, all you need to do is go through the unclassified website's, and;

1. Give me the classification they should have
2. Or if they do not fit the criteria, submit them for removal

Note that because alot of the site's in hpHosts are dangerous, you MUST ensure you are either using a VM (Virtual Machine) such as VMWare, or a sandbox, whilst validating these website's.

The two winners will be those with the highest number of submissions.

The Rules

Lets keep this simple as always;

1. You can use any method at your disposal for identifying the classification or removal requirement for a site, for example;

2. All site's submitted with a classification, or for removal, will be checked by myself. If they do not fit the classification you have chosen for them, they will not be counted toward your final submission counts.
3. You MUST ensure you research the domains you are classifying, not all malicious domains for example, have a homepage. Remember, Google is your friend!

You MUST also mention why the site deserves the classification you are giving it! (i.e. a URL to evidence)

4. Due to issues with incorrect ratings, I'd strongly recommend you NOT base your decisions off of SiteAdvisor's ratings
5. Entrants MUST be registered on this forum (entries submitted elsewhere or via e-mail, will not be accepted). You don't even have to be an hpHosts user!

Submitting Your Entry

To submit your entry simply reply to this thread with your entries! but PLEASE keep your submissions in a single post to keeps things simple.

Closing Date: Thursday April 10th 2008

it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

Post subject: Re: March 2008: Win a Firetrust licence!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:00 am 
Only 31,000 ? Shocked I thought this was a challenge! Laughing Great prizes Steve!

Just one question, what if someone submits their entries here and someone else uses those entries for their own, or at least a portion of them? Not saying anyone would do such a thing but if two people or whatever are close running, someone could potentially use some of the same ones from another post and add it to their own. **ducks behind desk, avoiding Steve's popcorn**

Cheers,

Paul

IP:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:03 am 
Site Admin

hehe if someone submits entries already submitted by someone else, the entries will not count toward their final number. I'm gonna be tracking entries as they are submitted, so will know who submitted what and when Wink

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:07 am 
MysteryFCM wrote:
hehe if someone submits entries already submitted by someone else, the entries will not count toward their final number. I'm gonna be tracking entries as they are submitted, so will know who submitted what and when Wink

Cool, I should have known you were one step ahead Wink

Cheers,

Paul

IP:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:51 am 
All submitted sites will be in a post with the poster's name. Any duplicates will be in another post with that person's name. All posts have date/time stamp. Easy to see who posted first.

IP:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:44 pm 
I'm kind of confused...the rules say I don't have to be an hpHosts user (which I'm not), but the reason for the competition is to classify websites in hpHosts. Confused

IP:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

hehe yep, all you need to is go to;

http://hosts-file.net/?s=Browse

... find hosts without classifications (will have TBV), and research/analyse them to give them the correct classification and/or removal request (if the hostname does not fit the inclusion policy)

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:56 am 
And the winner is: YoKenny! Laughing

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:08 am 
Noyb wrote:
And the winner is: YoKenny! Laughing

LOL. Laughing

IP:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:17 am 
Site Admin

So you do want your submission counted as entries?

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next