Check Website
Inclusion Status
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: July 2014 - Win Paragon Backup & Recovery Home
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

It's been a while since there's been a competition here, and a number of reasons for that - primarily a lack of time and ideas for one. However, I'm pleased to introduce a new competition for you folks, and the prize is courtesy of Paragon Software.

So let's get to it.

What's up for grabs?

Well this time, there's 3 licenses for Paragon Software' Backup & Recovery Home v14 for the best 3 entrants. You can read more about the software at;

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/brh/

It's a wonderful piece of software, with a number of improvements over v12, primarily for those with newer machines - UEFI support. There's a free version of the software available on their site at;

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/

How to enter

You can see the differences between the free edition and the non-free edition at;

http://www.paragon-software.com/feature ... 4&p2=BRH14

I've been pondering for quite some time (this was planned for April/May) over what the competitions should actually be, in order to decide who gets them, and finally decided on the KISS approach. This is a two part competition and goes like this.

First, the questions:

1. What importance do you place on backups?
2. What experience do you have with backup software?

Now for part two, and this is a simple one. All you have to do is look at the free edition and provide your thoughts on it. i.e.;

1. For ease of use, could it be improved and if so, how? (GUI and features/facilities)
2. For those that are already doing backups, how did it compare with your current backup software?
3. Having done a backup with it, you're now testing the restoration facility, what was your opinion of the restoration facility? (time taken, any problems?, etc)
4. Having looked at the free edition, what are pro's and cons in your opinion?

The competition is to run until October 31st, and to enter, simply drop your answers to me at;

competitions@it-mate.co.uk

Please mark your email subject: hpHosts July 2014 competition

The answers will be published at the end of the competition (without your personal information obviously), you don't need to be a member of these forums to enter.

Disclaimer:

Please note, both parts must be completed. Entries after the closing date will not be valid.

The licenses offered are provided by Paragon Software, and only the winners email addresses will be provided to Paragon Software in order to allow them to send you the license details.

it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

IP:
 Post subject: Re: July 2014 - Win Paragon Backup & Recovery Home
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

No-one entered :(

it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

IP:
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]