Check Website
Inclusion Status
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: February 2008 - Win a MalwareBytes Anti-Malware licence!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:09 am 
Site Admin

This months competition is very different to the last one's in that what you have to do, has nothing to do with security, nor with captions, or even (to a degree) with computers.

Due to complications with my mothers operation Monday gone, she's been kept in hospital and short version, we don't know when she's getting out (was supposed to have been Tuesday gone).

Because it's her birthday (she'll be 49) on Feb 18th, I thought this months competition would be a fitting one to help her feel a little better.

The Prize

This months prize comes courtesy of my good friend Marcin at MalwareBytes, and is a licence for his new MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program, valued at £13.37 ($24.95 USD).

So what do you need to do?

In fitting with what I mentioned above, this month, all you have to do is design a Get Well Soon/birthday card for my mother (cross between the two due to her birthday being the middle of this month).

The Rules

Lets keep this simple as always;

1. Keep it clean
2. DO NOT try turning your entry into a marketing opportunity
3. You can submit as many entries as you like
4. Designs can be submitted as either graphic file's (.gif, .tiff, .png etc), DTP (Desktop Publishing), or MS Word (.doc)*
5. Entrants MUST be registered on this forum (entries submitted elsewhere or via e-mail, will not be accepted). You don't even have to be an hpHosts user!

Submitting Your Entry

To submit your entry simply reply to this thread with your entries!

* If submitting as anything other than a graphic file, please attach them in an archive (.zip, .rar, .gz etc) file.

Closing Date: Friday March 7th 2008

it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

Post subject: Re: February 2008 - Win a MalwareBytes Anti-Malware licence!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:29 pm 
Does the card need to look like it's from you, or somebody from your forum?

IP:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

Not at all ....... the design can be anything you like Smile

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:54 pm 
I meant, should I address it to "Mom" or "Mrs. FCM?" Wink

IP:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

hehe it doesn't need to be addressed to her (but her name is Sue if you really really want to Smile).

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Whether or not he would go for it is irrelevant, to my knowledge, Windows licences are not transferrable Wink

Keeping it FREE!

IP:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:23 pm 
MysteryFCM wrote:
hehe it doesn't need to be addressed to her (but her name is Sue if you really really want to Smile).

Oh, okay. Smile

IP:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:50 pm 
I can add this is a great prize and that your mother better get better because she only has one more year before things really go to hell. Laughing I speak from experience on both.

IP:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:06 am 
YoKenny4584 wrote:
I received a MalwareBytes Anti-Malware licence from RubbeR DuckY Smile

I informed hewee of the contest but he informs me that it does not run on Win98SE Sad

Maybe we could come up with a way to get him a WinXP Home license as maybe his system is OK to run that Question

I'd donate my WinXP Home license but it is in use on my old P4 play system and I don't advocate a warez nor cracked version.

I'll rustle around in my MVPS CDs to see if I have WinXP Home and try to figure out how to use the MVPS license for it.

I wonder if hewee would go for it Question

Heh, I have a Windows ME that will work as long as I give him the key since there is no WGA. Although, he's likely better off and would be no better with WinME than 98SE anyway.

There is a way to transfer the license. You would have to uninstall XP and he would either say he moved or may not, but Windows XP could not be activated on any other machine other than his. He would likely have to call and talk to a rep to get it reactivated and let them know it's not on another PC which will be checked. As stated, you "yourself" could no longer use it, if you did, you may null and void both. I did this when I installed XP on a newer PC when I moved to my current home. I just called and got it re-activated, worked same as if you were to give him a license.

However, mine was not an MVPS license? Not sure how that works so if any catches, likely as Steve said, you can't. Also, if it's an OEM, no luck there.

Aside from that, I got my van fixed so will hopefully get a card done in a few. If I'm done before my edit time is up on my post, i'll just post it here. Wink Time sure seems to be getting shorter these days... Evil or Very Mad

Cheers,

Paul

Ok, here it is, and note, I am not entering the contest and I already have MBAM license myself, this is JUST because. Wink Hope she gets better Steve.

NOTE:It's an animated Gif so wait for a second, it opens... and if it looks funny in the preview window, just click on it to view it.

EDIT: while ok that it opens, here is what it looked like prior to animated gif..

Attachments:
cardwell.png
cardwell.png [ 129.84 KiB | Viewed 3481 times ]
stevcardmom.gif
stevcardmom.gif [ 75.27 KiB | Viewed 3490 times ]

Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

IP:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:54 am 
YoKenny4584 wrote:
Quote:
Also, if it's an OEM, no luck there.
Quote:
Yup its an OEM license that I verified by using Belarc Advisor Rolling Eyes

Darn it!

Quote:
I think that hewee is quite satisfied with Win98SE and he sees no reason to have it so I'll leave well enough alone.

I agree

Quote:
I like the animated gif card Cool

Thanks Wink

Quote:
I was married for 25 years and we have a beautiful daughter that will be getting married soon to a great guy that is involved in PC graphics so they have a bright future ahead.

That is excellent to hear! Well, my oldest is only 15 but it goes by fast doesn't it? Enjoy the baby to small child years, those are the ones you miss the most I think.

Quote:
My wife and I separated because we became volatile together and now I see it is for the best.

Sorry to hear that. But yes,if you two are happier, then it was better that way.

Quote:
My 63rd birthday is on Sunday and coincidently there are two other ladies in my apartment that have the same birthday and one of them has made arrangements for a cake for us to be shared with other residents at about 11:30am today Smile

Hmmmm, so sharing cake with the local women huh? You sly dog! Wink

Cheers,

Paul

IP:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next