Check Website
Inclusion Status
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: changing username.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:03 am 
i dont know if this is the right place to post this but is it possible for you to change my username?

IP:

Post subject: Re: changing username.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:02 am 
blue wrote:
i dont know if this is the right place to post this but is it possible for you to change my username?
Yes, I believe it is, but I'm not sure what Steven's policy on that is.

We'll have to await his return to the forums.

IP:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

We can, yes, but I'm a little curious as to why you'd want to?

it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

IP:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:55 pm 
i have had some malware and formatted my computer, changed my passwords and usernames on other sites. it is my own fault that i got the malware.

there is a second reason that i want my username changed too, i am not trying to hide from someone because it isnt possible. people who know me from another forum can see what has happened (they can see on the forums what i said to the moderator) but they dont know everything. i am banned from the other forum and i am sick of the usernames i have had on this forums and other forums because of this. i said ugly things to a moderator on the other forum. i am not able to visit the forum i am banned from, my ip adress changes everytime i restart the router but that doesnt help, i am still blocked from visiting the forum. i just wish that i at least was able to visit the forum.

i understand if you do not accept this reasons.

i feel that i have not done something wrong on the hphosts forums so i hope i still will be allowed to be a member on the hphosts forums. i hope i have been of help when i have submitted sites to hphosts.

IP:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:50 am 
Site Admin

You've certainly done nothing wrong whilst being here, so there's no reason at all, that I'd allow you to be stopped from either visiting or posting here Smile

PM me your new username and I'll change it for you Smile

it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

IP:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:38 pm 
thanks for changing my username Smile

i have also got a trojan after formatting my computer, i formatted some days ago. at first i scanned with antivir, superantispyware and spybot and none of them found something. then i visited the wallpaper site wich i submitted to the hphosts inbox and antivir detected some malware or exploit on the wallpaper site. then i scanned with the same programs again including malwarebytes, nothing found. i uninstalled antivir and installed avg and it found a trojan. should i join a malware removal forum? i can see no infection symptoms at all. the trojan was in the adobe reader 9 program folder and in system restore.

IP:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:10 pm 
so i should restore the trojan from the vault to my computer and then upload the trojan file to malwarebytes? that doesnt sound good, to restore it to my computer i mean. i guess i must disable avg when i submit the trojan. should i join a malware removal forum? i have attached the avg results to this post.

Attachments:
ScreenShot001.jpg
ScreenShot001.jpg [ 105.32 KiB | Viewed 3799 times ]

IP:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:38 pm 
Don't worry about the second and third files, they were in system restore and no threat unless you use system restore.

And the fist one, Adobe installer looks to be a false\positive. Meaning AVG flagged a legit file.

If you want to test it, restore it then run it thru at Virus Total.

IP:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:58 pm 
the file has already been tested on virustotal and none of the antiviruses found something, not even avg. strange that avg didnt detect it.

edit

i updated avg, scanned the file again and nothing was found anymore. i am glad it was a false positive. i have tried to be very careful with what i have done after formatting so this was a dissapointement when it happened.

thanks for the help Smile

IP: